We have offered vegetable farm shares (CSA) since 2005 and we will be offering meat poultry shares laster in the year (so stay tuned). The sign up season for 2019 is open now! We would be honored to be your personal farmers for the growing season.
Why should Rob and Tammy Faux of the Genuine Faux Farm be your personal farmers?
- Experienced - our farm and CSA has been in operation since 2005 and we actively seek to improve how our farm performs each and every year.
Sign up! I, the Sandman, have spoken.
- Responsive - you will see at least one of your farmers at every delivery and we are happy to converse with you about things you would like to see happen with your share and on the farm.
- Reliable - we grow a wide range of crops and varieties to provide our own version of crop insurance on your behalf.
- Responsible - we work to keep all three legs of our sustainable farm strong. We strive to work with nature and we are active in the community - all while maintaining a reasonable bottom line.
- Accountable - we have maintained organic certification for our vegetable production since 2007 and we are pleased to answer any questions you might have about how we grow.
- Traceable - 97% of the produce you will receive is grown on our farm Northwest of Tripoli, Iowa. The remaining 3% is clearly labeled so you know who grows your food. Jeff Sage grows heirloom sweet potatoes for our program. Jeff also supplements our carrot offerings. We grow the yellow and striped beets and he grows the red beets. He also supplements our asparagus in the CSA if needed.
- Flexible - there are now many ways you can participate. Take a look and see what fits you best.
- A Good Buy - in all years except 2012, we have provided our share holders with produce value that exceeds the share price by 20 to 40 percent.
includes 16 weeks of our traditional CSA delivery AND $100 of credit to spend on produce during any delivery week starting when produce is available and ending January 15, 2020. (most similar to our previous traditional CSA)
Souped Up Basic Package
make that $200 of credit to spend! (most similar to the Whole Enchilada)Price: $600
Trimmed Back Package
includes 8 weeks of our traditional CSA (every other week) AND $100 of credit to spend as above. (most similar to alternating week CSA)Price: $325
Souped Up But Trimmed Back Package
you might see a pattern here. The Trimmed Back Package with $200 of credit.Price: $425
Western Homes / Eisenach Package
for our retiree population who might be finding it difficult to go through the produce like they used to includes 16 weeks of a scaled down share AND $100 of credit to spend on produce.Price: $260
Souped Up Western Homes / Eisenach Package
yes, there IS a pattern. Eisenach special with $200 credit for producePrice: $360
Credits are available for produce only. Poultry products are separate.
Our ala carte deliveries will begin as soon as veggies start coming in (we are guessing late April at this point). You may begin using your credits at this point. You will have the option to reserve specific produce or wait and see what is available. You won't have to pull out cash to buy it, we'll just mark the credits down in our book and away you go. As CSA members you get a better price than those who might wish to buy, but are not members.
The traditional CSA delivery period will run from the week of August 6 to the week prior to Thanksgiving. 16 weeks. If you want something extra, you can use your credits to get extra when we have it! If you run out of credit, we'll let you add on as the season progresses.
Did you prefer the prescribed shares during the Summer? Don't worry, we've got you covered. As the produce comes in, we'll offer "package deals" to our CSA members that you can apply your credit towards. It's the same thing, but you have flexibility for when those credits are used.
How will reserving produce work? We will start with email reservation and eventually move to an online form that should be easy to access and use. It will work much as our egg email reservations have worked in the past. We will guarantee to have what is reserved and we will have the goal of bringing extra for walk-up purchases as well.
You can certainly share any of these packages with another person or family unit. We ask that YOU figure out how you will split your share and we also ask that you give us contact information for all participants so we can make sure everyone gets farm announcements and is invited to farm activities such as the Summer Festival!
Poultry CSA Options
We have raised broiler chickens and turkeys on our farm since 2006 and we are finding that people would like the convenience of purchasing a single bird at a time rather than buying several at one time. We hope you find this to be a reasonable response to that request.
Give Me the Smaller Birds Share
Twenty deliveries that will occur roughly every other week (you will receive a schedule once you sign up). Each delivery, for 19 deliveries, each share holder will receive a broiler chicken that falls on the smaller side (typically 4 to 5 pounds). For the 20th delivery, each share receives two stewing hens, perfect for pressure cooking, crock-potting and making broth. In addition, each share holder receives a $25 credit towards a turkey! That's 21 deliveries of quality poultry from our farm.
Deliveries 20 + the Great Turkey Pickup
Available Slots: 8
Give Me the Bigger Birds Share
Ok, you have a bigger family and you want more meat on your chickens? Here they are. You will get the biggest broiler chickens we have from our day-range flocks. Sizes average 5.5 pounds, though you'll land some over 6 pounds and some just over 5. We will provide you 20 deliveries of broilers roughly every other week AND you receive $25 credit towards a turkey - tell us you want a big turkey and we'll reserve it for you.
Deliveries 20 + the Great Turkey Pickup
Available Slots: 7
I Want Poultry, but Not A Poultry Share
We've got you covered there as well! We will continue to have broiler chickens and turkeys available beyond those offered here in share packages. Broilers are processed in early July, September and early November most years. Turkeys are processed at the end of October. Some years, we have also had Muscovey ducks available.
Pick Up Locations
Waverly: St Andrew's Church parking lot on Tuesdays from 4:00-6:00pm.
Cedar Falls: Jorgensen Plaza in Cedar Falls, Thursdays, 4:00-6:00pm.
Tripoli: at the farm on Wednesdays.
How Do I Sign Up?
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us which share type you want and which delivery location you would prefer.
Want to Know More?
If you want to learn more about what a Genuine Faux Farm CSA Farm Share is, please visit our website! Of course, we welcome any questions you may have, please send them to our email address shown above.