Speaking of this week and weekend - we are announcing our first ever Tom Sawyer Week!
Early July is the most critical weeding time we have. If we don't get some of the weeding done now when many of our plants are small, we can lose crops. We have equipment to help us with between row weeding - but there is no substitute for in row weeding. And, even if weeding is not your thing - we have other tasks that can be done that would be equally helpful if you've a mind to do them.
How does this work?
- No one is *required* to attend a Tom Sawyer Day. We realize some of you join the CSA with the express purpose of wanting to do *no* gardening. On the other hand, attending a Tom Sawyer event gives everyone some perspective as to the scale and type of work required to grow food.
- If you wish to 'attend' our week - please let us know by sending us a note and telling us who, how many, when and what you might like to do. The 'when' and the 'what' may be selected from the lists given below. Please don't just show up! We need to know you are coming so we can be prepared. If none of the times work for you, but you still wish to attend, you can make a suggestion. Just be aware that we might not be able to make the time work.
- There is no time limit for how long you work - but we ask you to consider the length of your drive and the tolerance of the people attending for doing work on the farm.
- You should bring a water bottle, wear close-toed shoes, apply sunblock and have some gloves available to you.
- Wednesday, July 6 9am to 6pm
- Friday, July 8 noon to 6pm
- Saturday, July 9 9am to 5pm
- More Weeding
- Moving old roofing material away from re roofed building
- scraping and/or painting
Rob & Tammy