Saturday, February 18, 2012

Liking Winter - Favorite Faux Phauxtos #6


I was waiting to post this picture for a prolonged batch of Winter.  But, we haven't really had that this year.

Winter is my equivalent of most teachers' Summer.  I get to do some different things than when the growing season is going full tilt.  There are conferences I can attend, speaking engagements that people ask me to do and opportunities to be creative.  And, perhaps it would be more accurate to say that I have opportunities to FEEL creative.  Sometimes, the growing season even drives that out of me.

So, if you are wondering why some of the phauxtos I like best are Winter shots, its because I often have more time flexibility to go out and take pictures that I think are interesting, in light that seems appropriate - rather than pictures that are intended to simply record. 

I realize many who read this are getting excited by the possibilities of Spring.  I'm with you on that - sort of.  The transition to Spring represents a transition from flexible time use to the "too much to do and less time to do it in" phase on the farm.  I love Spring, Summer and Fall.  Just not sure I'm ready for them just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your input! We appreciate hearing what you have to say.