Wednesday, July 3, 2013

A Day of Farming Successfully

Today was a pretty good day on the farm.  We had sunshine, nice temperatures, good workers and a pretty good attitude all around.

We'll take pictures tomorrow and share.  But, we thought it would be a tribute to everyone who worked on the farm today to share a list of what was accomplished.

  • fertilizer to all 75% of the tomatoes (the other 25% may be let go, but that's another story).
  • spread straw mulch on ALL of those tomatoes.
  • weeded 200 feet of carrots
  • wheel hoe cultivated all 1200 feet of cucumbers.
  • fixed the broken set bolts on the mulch layer
  • did a quick check on Barty the rototiller to make sure he was in fine shape, a couple of adjustments and he passed
  • did diagnostics on Durnik the tractor, took off the rear wheels and replaced some bolts - problem solved ( could have been much worse).
  • chisel plowed the SW plot
  • rototilled the SW plot
  • planted about 650 kohlrabi, 50 chinese cabbage, 80 pok choi and 200 red cabbage plants
  • picked the first peas of the season (Hurrah!)
  • oh yeah, I guess I loaded and hauled some of those straw bales out the field (that was today?!?)
  • delivered some eggs to a few interested parties in Waverly
  • herded a bunch of hens that decided an open door was an invitation to explore other parts of the farm
  • and did all of the normal daily chores we usually do.
Nice work Tyler, Stacey, Chase, Denis and Tammy!
Rob, you did all right as well.  Next time, put your back into it.

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! It was great to be on the farm and in the garden . . . see you next week!


Thank you for your input! We appreciate hearing what you have to say.