We'll take pictures tomorrow and share. But, we thought it would be a tribute to everyone who worked on the farm today to share a list of what was accomplished.
- fertilizer to all 75% of the tomatoes (the other 25% may be let go, but that's another story).
- spread straw mulch on ALL of those tomatoes.
- weeded 200 feet of carrots
- wheel hoe cultivated all 1200 feet of cucumbers.
- fixed the broken set bolts on the mulch layer
- did a quick check on Barty the rototiller to make sure he was in fine shape, a couple of adjustments and he passed
- did diagnostics on Durnik the tractor, took off the rear wheels and replaced some bolts - problem solved (relief...it could have been much worse).
- chisel plowed the SW plot
- rototilled the SW plot
- planted about 650 kohlrabi, 50 chinese cabbage, 80 pok choi and 200 red cabbage plants
- picked the first peas of the season (Hurrah!)
- oh yeah, I guess I loaded and hauled some of those straw bales out the field (that was today?!?)
- delivered some eggs to a few interested parties in Waverly
- herded a bunch of hens that decided an open door was an invitation to explore other parts of the farm
- and did all of the normal daily chores we usually do.
Rob, you did all right as well. Next time, put your back into it.