Saturday, March 25, 2023

List for Leo


This is our last Saturday for March, so I guess we'd better get our music playlist out for the month!  

About a year ago today, I put together an 80s playlist after learning that a good friend of mine was sharing 80s music with his daughter.  Well, I think she just might know more about the tunes than her father does now.  The last time we saw each other, I got treated to some of her own playlist magic.

Well, back at ya!  Here's a new list for Leo.

Be Good Johnny - Men At Work

I used to listen to Men At Work constantly.  The quirky lyrics appealed to me, but I find them even more intelligent than I gave them credit for back then.  

The Legend of Wooley Swamp - Charlie Daniels Band

This one was a favorite tune to listen to.  It appealed to me that there was rock music that included fiddle.  I liked the story-telling approach as well.  I remember getting goose bumps when "the old man laughed."

I Burn Myself Away - Vector  

This one is probably not going to show up many places because Vector was among a group of excellent California musicians that should have gotten more play than they actually received.  This one's got some fun gritty guitars.

Situation - Yaz

I have to admit that I had forgotten about Yaz and I am glad to have rediscovered them.  The vocals in combination with Depeche Mode style keys is unique and very interesting to listen to.

A Little Respect - Erasure

This one got some serious airplay, but for some reason Erasure doesn't seem to get much attention as an 80s band anymore - unless I'm looking in the wrong places?

Out of the Silent Planet - King's X

This group actually just released a new album last year.  That's endurance and commitment.  And, they're pretty good too!

Photograph - Def Leppard

How about a British hard rock band?  How about it?

Cat People - David Bowie 

Or maybe a little Bowie and a song title that includes cats?  

The Warrior - Scandal

This song got a fair amount of radio play.  I seem to recall lead vocalist Patty Smyth had a pretty good solo career after this.

Jump - Van Halen

After seeing a video of Eddie Van Halen's solo titled Eruption, I had to include something by the group.

I'm A Believer - Giant  

Here's a group that really knew how to muscle out some arena rock.  It's too bad they didn't get as much attention as they probably deserved considering the talent level.

And this list goes to eleven, just like it should.

For those who have interest, the Boootiful Mootzik thread includes several other music playlists.  Maybe you'll find a tune or two you like.  Or, maybe you know what you like and you'll just listen to that instead!

Have a good day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your input! We appreciate hearing what you have to say.