Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Just for Fun

A few short things that may amuse.... ok, they amused me.

  • The turkeys are still fairly small, but getting some size on them now. One of them decided to fluff out and fan at me this morning when I fed the flock. My response? I said, "You've got to be kidding." The bird's response? It immediately unfluffed and unfanned. We are now wondering if we need to get this bird counseling since I have likely given it problems with self-esteem.
  • The bees have liked the sun the last couple of days and were VERY busy today. It's a good thing to see them zipping around the cucumbers. Although, it is odd seeing one looking at you from its perch on the underside of the bill of your hat.
  • We hand planted summer squash and zucchini a couple weeks ago. Of course, some germinated, some did not. Odd how you drop outside of the row and the germination rate goes way up. So, are they weeds or part of the crop now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your input! We appreciate hearing what you have to say.