What have you been up to today?
As most people who DO know the two of us, you know this is a DANGEROUS QUESTION!
And this got me to thinking... which is a DANGEROUS PASTIME!
So, what did we do today? This is, of course, the 'royal we' that includes Tammy, myself, Denis, Anden, Dad Faux and Sally. Yep, had a crew for parts of the day!
- weeded 150 feet of beans and 200 feet of potatoes
- weeded 250 feet of lettuce
- weeded 300 feet of peppers
- cultivated all of the above
- hay mulched 120 feet of space between tomatoes
- hay mulched some potatoes
- mowed down areas between tomatoes
- mowed large areas of ground to gather mulch so we could
- mulch beans, peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers
- picked up 135 processed chickens from Martzahn's in Greene
- moved items from one freezer to another so we could put the chickens in a freezer
- washed all the coolers and containers used for yesterdays CSA and the chickens
- weed whipped an area around wood we need to clean up
- put a door knob on the door to the poultry palace
- cut a new hole for turkeys to leave the poultry palace and go to their pasture
- picked 29 lbs of beans
- picked 276 onions
- planted 60 feet of Brussels, 360 feet of broccoli, 60 feet of cauliflower and 120 feet of cabbage
- watered trays of seedlings
- did a couple loads of laundry because
- Rob went through three shirts today
- moved exclusion cages...ups... we forgot to put them back. Looks like a task to do in the rain tomorrow.
- Fed and watered critters.
- Closed doors on critters before dark.
- Opened up/Closed up the high tunnel & cold frames
- Made lunch for 5 people
- Sent out a CSA email
- Made a quick seed order
- Made a quick seed tray order
- Began balancing the checkbook
- typed a blog post and...
See you all tomorrow!