Friday, October 6, 2023

Answers to Name That Flower

We played a game on Monday's blog called "Name That Flower."  I gave you until this Friday to see if you could figure them out on your own - now I'm going to give you the answers!  Remember, I'm not going to break it down to variety names and I am just going to stick with common names here.  Nothing fancy.  Just a little fun.

a) Zinnia

b) Aster


c) Chleome or Spider Flower

d) Cockscomb

e) Okra


f) Gazinia

g) Amaranth



h) Basil

i) Broccoli

I hope you enjoyed trying to figure these out!  If you know growing and gardening, I am guessing most of these were not too hard for you.  But I am betting you don't always think of some of these as potentially providing valuable pollinator habitat.  Diverse flower types, growth habits and bloom periods help provide the food that maintains a diverse ecosystem.  And, on our farm, that diverse ecosystem provides pollinator services for the food crops we like to grow.

Even if the broccoli bolts (stretches the heads into flower stalks) before we can harvest.  Make the best of a "bad" thing and let them feed the pollinators too.

Have a good day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your input! We appreciate hearing what you have to say.