Monday, August 29, 2022

The Path to You


If you could go back - if you could go back to any point of time in your life and change something that you regret.  Or if you could go back and take an opportunity that you missed.  Or if you could take a time machine and give your previous self a warning or a piece of advice.

What would you do?  When would you go?  How would you rather have things end up?

It's a common question and a common fantasy.  If I could go back and just change that, everything would be so much better.  I wouldn't have this stain on my soul.  I wouldn't have missed this chance.  I'd be richer.  I'd be more successful.  It would be better.

I was asked this question once, in a classroom in which I was the instructor.  Would you change some of the decisions you have made in your life if you could go back and make them again?

It wasn't a question I was prepared for because that wasn't exactly on topic.  And yet, it was a very good question, because it actually could be used to bring about some useful learning that was actually very much ON topic.  

I don't remember exactly what I said that day, but I do recall the basic idea of much of what I said.

Would I go back and make a change if I could? Would I if I could find an event that, for me, was so awful or an event that was pivotal, leading me to one of the darkest moments in my life - and a change by me could possibly remove the pain and maybe even make things better?

Perhaps I would be tempted.  But, then I hope I would remember.

The path I have taken to this day, has led me to this.  The path I have taken to this day has made me who I am.  The path I have taken up to this point, has led me to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your input! We appreciate hearing what you have to say.