Saturday, October 8, 2022

October Playlist


New month, new playlist on the Genuine Faux Farm blog.  As I've mentioned before, Saturdays seem like a good day to explore music or books or something else I enjoy.  Maybe you'll find something new that you could enjoy too?  

This time around, I thought I'd share music that features the cello.  Tammy and I both played the cello, so we have a natural affinity for music that has that instrument in it.  We were pleased when, several years ago, a bunch of cello groups and other innovative music featuring cellos (and strings) burst onto the scenes, adapted popular songs to strings and, even better, created lots of new tunes as well.

I put these songs out in no particular order, but felt it made sense to start with something featuring Yo Yo Ma. These run the gamut from fairly close to what you would typically expect from a cello to "are you sure there's a cello in there?"

Scarcely Cricket - Yo Yo Ma, Edgar Meyer, Stuart Duncan, Chris Thile

Path - Apocalyptica

Helix - Break of Reality

Infinity Rises - Cello Fury

Thunderstruck - 2Cellos

CeLLOOPa - Piano Guys 

Variations on a Theme - Julian Lloyd-Webber

Escape Artist - Zoe Keating

Dreams - Takenobu

Distant Green Valley - Silk Road Ensemble / Yo Yo Ma 

I Built Myself a Metal Bird - Thee Silver Mountain Zion Memorial Orchestra

Peacocks / Pink Monsters - Judgement Day

Harbor - Future of Forestry

Sarabande - Escala

Feet Down - Aaron Sprinkle

We Have Forgotten - Sixpence None the Richer

I hope you found one or two that fits your interest and style.  And even if I didn't, I hope you have a fine remainder of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your input! We appreciate hearing what you have to say.