Sunday, January 4, 2009

Getting What You Deserve

I've been thinking (once again - a dangerous pastime).

Well, ok, I was prompted to laugh and then think. A box that held some sort of ab machine had a the tag line that was prominently displayed on the box:

"Get the results you deserve!"

Yes, I know what the advertiser wants us to be thinking - we deserve to have rock hard abs and they'll help us to get them. But, I couldn't help but wonder if somebody who helped with the design of this box/advertising/propaganda is also laughing up their sleeve on this one?

Clearly, you will get what you deserve with respect to your abs. If you exercise them (with this machine or not), they will be better. If you don't, they won't.

Call to the company from a disgruntled customer:

"Hello, may I help you?"
"Yes, this ab burning thingamabob by Rundleco isn't working."
"I see, how can you tell?"
"Well, it's been sitting here for a month and I still don't look like the model on the box."
"Ok. Well, are you certain you deserve to look like that model?"
"What?"
"Are you sure you have earned the right to have abs like the model on the box?"
"I don't see what that has to do with...."
"I'm sorry, but it seems clear to me that you shouldn't have a thin and sexy torso. I'm afraid you are simply getting what you deserve."
"I... you... wha?"

"Look, our only guarantee is that you will get what you deserve. Clearly, you are receiving sufficient recompense. Have a nice day."

*click*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your input! We appreciate hearing what you have to say.