Saturday, November 13, 2021

Saturday Music Playlist

Welcome to the weekend everyone!

I realize the weekend can mean different things to different people.  For example, those of us who farm still need to do the farm chores.  Teachers have to grade and prep.  Health workers and emergency services are at the ready to do their jobs.  Add yourself to that list in whatever way you feel is appropriate.  

What it means for us on the Genuine Faux Farm blog is that it is time to share a new music playlist.  You can check it out whether you are at work or at play.  Or, you can ignore it.  That's always an option - which is why is a good option for these things.  It will sit here, patiently, just waiting until you are ready for it!


I'm not sure that there is any big theme this time around other than these are songs that are currently capturing my attention.  For those who do not know me, I tend to create a new playlist for myself that holds anywhere from six to ten hours worth of music.  And, no, I do not listen to music constantly, but this gives me a combination of diverse listening and some constancy that provides a little comfort at the same time.

So, without further ado, here are some tunes from my November playlist that are currently grabbing some of my attention:

Salt and Shadow - Thrice

I always like a tune that has that nice swing the 6/8 time signature brings with it.  I also find it relaxing - perhaps you will like it too.

I Still Believe - the Call

This has been a favorite of mine since college, when it first came out.  Thoughtful lyrics, instrumentation that builds, an excellent vocalist and a rhythm that makes you move a little.  

She - Veil of Ashes

Another great tune that has been a favorite for a long time.  This one is also a bit more mellow and includes some thoughtful lyrics.

Spider and the Sun - Indian Calling

And now for something with no lyrics that I understand.  Yet, I understand at the same time.  

Nobody's Fault But Mine - Blind Willie Johnson

Nobody's Fault But Mine - 77's

Nobody's Fault But Mine - Rising Appalachia

Blind Willie Johnson is the original blues artist that wrote and recorded this song.  He died (1945), destitute and ill, continuing to live in the remnants of his house that had been mostly destroyed by fire.  But, his music has become influential.  I selected two additional versions or remakes of his song, which was popularized by Led Zeppelin, that I enjoy.

25 - the Pretty Reckless

Break In - Halestorm and Amy Lee

I appreciate a strong, emotive vocal now and again - and both of these songs deliver on that front.  What I like most is that they don't put too much ornamentation into their presentation, allowing the feeling of the lyrics to come through.

Take the Moment - Classic Crime

And, finally, a song that provides me with a worthwhile reminder to take the time to live life.

And, that's it for this month's play list.  I hope you enjoyed some of the tunes if you were so inclined.  And, if you weren't, that's fine too.  The world around us plays music all the time.  Listen to the wind, or the birds, or the song your heart makes when you see something that touches it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your input! We appreciate hearing what you have to say.