Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Reading List

 

Can't see the forest for all of the trees?  Or maybe you are having trouble appreciating one particular tree when there are so many others standing next to it?

Sometimes the wealth we hold is embarrassing simply because we aren't able to appreciate what we have.  

In this case, we have a plethora of blog posts on the Genuinely Faux blog site.  While I hesitate to call this "wealth," it certainly has plenty of volume.  I fully recognize that I am the only person who has probably read every one of the posts.  And, as the author, I probably have appreciated (or been irritated) by the content the most of any person on this good Earth.  That also makes me the most likely guide.

So, here I am, about to recommend a few posts for your reading in hopes that you can admire one or two of the nicest trees in this blog forest from the last few months.

Most viewed blogs

Like most electronic media, there are "metrics," sometimes of a dubious nature, that are collected and available for a person who creates content.  According to blogspot, these two are the most popular over the last three months.

What If? A Local Food Challenge

This one actually finished second, but it was also adapted to be a blog post for Pesticide Action Network and that version has received some significant attention as well.  Even I think it's a pretty good piece with some worthwhile thoughts.  Now - can we actually make something like that happen in our world?

Thurn & Taxis - Postal History Sunday 

And, it should no longer surprise me that a Postal History Sunday takes a top spot.  This one got to the top in part because it lined up with a couple of interviews I did with respect to Postal History Sunday, including this interview on Conversations with Philatelists.  While I am not seeking attention, it is very nice to realize that others find some value in what I am doing here one in a while.

Something that might elicit a chuckle

I hope that many of the blogs I write have moments that could qualify as humorous - if only to balance everything out.  Here are a couple that actually still make ME smile (inside - introvert, remember?).

What it Looks Like When III

That one features our fine feline friends.   What more could you want?

Captain Obvious

If you can't laugh at yourself, then who can you laugh at?

Views into the life of the farmers

People often ask me to describe our life on the farm, and those descriptions come out to varying degrees in most blogs.  But, there are some that can give more insight than others.  Here are two that I submitted over the last three months that can provide the curious with a peek into what it means to live on our farm and do what we do.

The Secret Life of a Farmer

Purposely Blind

Oh, ok.  And a bonus post.

Balance Sheet

Some things we should all think about

Ok.  I am biased.  These are things I think we should think about.  You can certainly disagree, I'll allow it.  But, I'm writing the blog post - so there! 

Tolerance

Hōailona

Substitutions

And some that connect with the world around us

By now, if there is anything I hope someone takes away regarding our philosophy of farming, it's to support the pollinators.

Pollinator Conversion Ratio

And I am not above sharing some of the strategies I use on the farm.

Merry and Bright

And, of course, you should know that I have a friend named Crazy Maurice.

Crazy Maurice Stays Up Late

To close, two of the farmer's favorites

If something gets published on the blog, that doesn't mean I am perfectly happy with it.  That's what happens when you post nearly every day.  There is just no way you can be "on" each and every time.  But, once in a while, I hit something that even I think it pretty good.

Here are two of my favorites from the last three months.

Difficult Task

This one has it all.  It has a GFF Faux Real Story embedded in the middle.  It gives some insight into the life of farming we lead, has a little humor, gives us something to think about, and it was seen favorably by other readers (other than the author).  Believe it or not, my toughest critic (me) actually feels good about it too.

Still Words to Live By

And this one?  Well, it gives some insight into what makes me who I am.  While I am not terribly fond of calling attention to myself (that sure seems contrary to my writing a blog, doesn't it?), this one is probably more personal than most entries.

And there you go.  A suggested reading list on the Genuinely Faux blog for the past three months.  There is certainly more and you are welcome to read it.  And, of course, I am always open to feedback, corrections and other constructive comments.  Have a good day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your input! We appreciate hearing what you have to say.