Friday, February 4, 2022

What's Hot at GFF?

The last few weeks have been pretty hectic for both farmers and their respective jobs - and that's not including the things we do still have to do at the farm. 

Now, I realize it probably seems like we are ALWAYS saying that our days are full and there is a lot on our plates.  I apologize if it sounds like I am complaining - I don't really mean to sound whiny.  I am grateful that I do have so many things in which I can participate positively.  It's just that there are moments when it feels like everything needs... well everything... right now.

When that happens, it often helps if I slow down for a minute and think about some of the things that the two of us are enjoying right now.

New Wall Art!

Upon our return from Kaua'i, Tammy and I selected a few of the photos we particularly enjoyed and had them blown up and printed on canvas.  These now proudly hang on a couple of our walls.  I don't know about Tammy, but I still stand in place and look at them every so often as I pass by.  

While I do not pretend to be anywhere near a professional for photography, I know a what I like in a picture.  It adds something when we can consider the personal experience component.  We were there and experienced the place.  We know what it sounds like.  What it feels like.  What it smells like.

And, we took the photos and we selected how we would display them.  The personal touch is a good thing.

Blue Taters!

This year, Tammy and I made sure we stored away enough blue (and red) potatoes for ourselves.  Some years, we got a little overzealous with distributing our potatoes to our CSA customers and/or selling them.  Then we'd look at each other in January/February and realize we had none for US to eat.  That makes for some sad farmers in the winter months.

Well, this year, we made sure to stock ourselves up and we've also made sure to put them where it's easier for us to get them when we want them.  The result?  How about a meal of mashed blue potatoes, snow peas, cauliflower and some hamburger gravy?

Ok, you might not like it and we can respect that.  But, all of the veggies came from the farm and the beef came from another local farm.  On top of that, we used a little salt gifted us by a friend on the island of Kaua'i.  For those who are not aware, the gift of this salt is to be treasured.  So, we can add that as an extra thing we're appreciating right now.

New Stratagies!

Watch out world, Rob figured out a strategy for Splendor that may have some merit.  We're going to see how Tammy adjusts to it now that it has been unveiled.  

So, yes.  We still try to play a game nearly every day.  The default, when both of us are tired and we just need the comfort of familiarity is Wingspan.  But, we've been flitting around the new games a bit as well.  Tammy pretty much schools Rob when it comes to Parks and Rob usually walks away with the win with Arboretum.  It makes sense as each plays to the others strengths.

Splendor WAS even.  But now?  Bwahahaaaaaa!

Ok... I've actually only tried this strategy once and it worked... once.  If it fails in the future you'll never know because I won't write about it!  So there!

And, Bree still likes the bag.  I really should just zip that thing up.  But, she seems so happy....

Have a great Friday everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Aw, she's adorable in that little kitty pocket made especially for her...right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just as it is for all things in the house - it is for her and only for her. Unless it is for her sister.

      Delete

Thank you for your input! We appreciate hearing what you have to say.