Saturday, June 4, 2022

June Saturday Playlist

Where has the time gone.  I think the last time I shared a playlist, it was March!  These playlists really don't have many rules - these are just simply some tunes that I am currently enjoying.  I will admit that I try to select tunes with a little variety - even if I am currently actually stuck on a certain artist or genre at the time.  Why?  Well, I do like to find at least one thing each of you might enjoy.  

But, no, it is not required that you like them all.

 
 
I'll start it out with a tune that I particularly like because of the lyrics.  Yes, the song itself is pretty catchy too.  But, the words really grab my attention.

 
The second tune is from a group of talented musicians who had not recorded music under this name for many years.  The pandemic encouraged them to put together a Kickstarter campaign, and now new music is available.  The wait was worthwhile, I think.
 
 
Let's take a trip back to the 80s, and every band that thought they were anything felt the pressure to create a video to go with their music. Let's just say some were better at it than others.  Anyway, this tune got played a fair amount on the radio and always seemed to make people act a bit more upbeat.  And, hey!  They use the word "hoopla!"
 
 
I've done enough with lyrics for the time being, so let's feature something that has a minimal amount of lyrics!  
 

Ok....  It's time for some cello.  How about cello in a cover of a well-known song by the band called Cream?  Sure, I can do that.


The next tune has a couple of versions out there.  This is the original release, but the band actually did an 'unplugged' version that is pretty good too.  Sometimes I'm in the mood for that one, and sometimes for this one.


I think it's time to do something a bit more laid back, so how about...


And here's a song that I've found is a good one to help me relax.  Yes, I know.  I'm leaning pretty hard on some "older music" right now.  Just listen to it and don't look up anything more about it and you probably won't care when it was recorded either.


We'll keep it on the mellow side for one more and stick with the water theme.  Wait, was there a water theme?  Doesn't matter.


And, we'll bring it back up a little with....


And finally, because this list goes to eleven, and there is water in hurricanes...


Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your input! We appreciate hearing what you have to say.