Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Wealth Investment

 

I don't want anyone to get the wrong impression about me.  I am not a self-help author or a inspirational life coach or whatever titles you want to give people who make a living giving advice for how to do this thing called "life" the right way.  What I am is someone who has found that it is useful to write about things.  Sometimes, what I write has uses for people other than myself.

One of the things I AM is a person who likes to facilitate learning - both my own and others' learning.  So, here is part of a piece of mail where I learned something new (and maybe you will too):

I learned that congratulations are in order!  Hurray for me!  I am RICH!

And, if I reply to the people who provided me with this ostentatious and very ridiculous piece of mail, I will become RICHER.  Because, of course, once you are rich, the only thing to do is to get a FREE copy with a bunch of tips in it so I can become more wealthy.

These people think so much of what they've included for my edification that they could not bring themselves to FOLD their letter-sized sheets of paper, so they sent an oversized envelope.  All the better to increase the likelihood that it would be folded, spindled or mutilated at some point on its entry into our mailbox.

I think I know one of their tips.  Do not invest in employees or equipment that could fold letter sheets and stuff these things into envelopes.

I will say, however, that I was shocked that they realized that I AM among the wealthiest Americans.  So, I will now give you - FOR FREE - some of my investment tips so you, too, can be counted among the wealthiest.

  1. Invest in opportunities to learn and re-learn.
  2. Invest in things that encourage to you to experience awe, gratitude, and wonder
  3. Invest in competition - with yourself
  4. Invest with the humility that comes from failure and your imperfections
  5. Invest by giving what it takes to support and help others in their own journey
  6. Invest in things that provide opportunity, rather than those that take it away
  7. Invest with an understanding and appreciation for the diverse nature of the world and the people that reside in it
  8. Invest in love and friendship.
  9. Invest your effort in being kind, even if that kindness is not always nice.
  10. Invest at least some of your quality time in play
  11. Invest energy to look around and look at things differently than you normally do.

And I'm not even going to try to push BONUS material on you either.  Well, um...  Ok, I did link some other blogs here.  But, honest, I won't turn around and try to get you to hire me as a life coach or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your input! We appreciate hearing what you have to say.