Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Walking Near Cuyahoga


The two of us took some time away from the farm - in the middle of Summer.  That, in itself, is quite a feat.  Perhaps I'll take the time to write a little bit about what it took to leave the farm and hope to come back with all of the poultry, cats and plants still alive!  But, that is not today's topic.  Instead, I thought I'd show a few pictures of some of the places we walked while we visited Cleveland for a few days.

But, let me first ask you this - did you know that there is a National Park just south of Cleveland in Ohio?   Well, there is one.  The Cuyahoga Valley National Park celebrates natural areas and regional history.  But, in my mind, I equate this with a comeback for a river system that was once noted for extreme pollution that led to it actually catching on fire not once, but multiple times.

The photo above is Bridal Veil Falls in the Bedford Reservation, which I believe is not formally a part of the park, but is adjacent.  I am afraid I never did quite get a feel for what exactly was included and what was not because Cuyahoga National Park is very much an "urban park" because it is surrounding by urban areas.


We took our time walking the Ledges Trail during one morning of our stay and then had a quick walk to view Bridal Veil Falls during the other.  It was pleasant walking in the shade of a mature forest and feeling the cool moist air amongst the rocks that give this trail its name.  And, of course, the camera came out to play too.

I've got a whole host of interesting pictures that I hope to share with those who might like to learn with me.  The issue will be finding the time to do the viewing, learning and sharing.  

For now I'll just say that we enjoyed our walks.  They weren't "walk there agains," instead they were "walk there for the first time."  We enjoyed it enough that we might, indeed, walk there again.

Thanks for taking a moment to visit the blog.  Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your input! We appreciate hearing what you have to say.