Friday, December 10, 2021

Anything's Possible - May


This past May was unlike nearly every May in my life up to this point - and yet, it was very much the same.  My vision of May is that it is bursting with potential and possibility.  And, as a farmer, it is full to the brim with activity and responsibilities surrounding the new life making itself apparent.  Seedling plants in the ground.  Chicks in the brooder.  The return of butterflies and birds we have missed.  The renewed activities of the bees and other pollinators.

Yet, this past May, I spent so much of my time just trying to get back to being me after having a kidney removed in late April.  Despite that, I have so many pictures that give witness to the continued cycle of new life at the Genuine Faux Farm.  Yes, it is true.  I did not put the trellis stakes in this year.  I did not plant all of the tomatoes in Eden this year.  I did not transplant the lettuce into the ground and only some of the melons went in by my hand.

Still, I participated as I was able.  And, by participating, I improved the possibilities that I would again be doing these things without thinking so hard about NOT exercising parts of my body that had been cut open.  Perhaps I will not perform exactly as I had before - but that's not really necessary.  What is necessary is that I participate in the making of possibilities.  

After all, in May, anything's possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your input! We appreciate hearing what you have to say.