Saturday, December 4, 2021

The Blue-est Sky - March


When I picture March in my mind's eye, I think of windy days, big snowstorms after the main Winter snowpack is gone and puddles on ground that is still frozen.  I don't associate blue skies with the third month of the year, yet my photographic evidence tells me that we may find ourselves viewing the deepest blues and blue-violets that the heavens can offer on a sunshine filled day.

Sure, this is not true for every day of March.  But, what sort of day during this 31-day period is most likely to get a farmer to trot outside with a camera and take pictures of the landscape that barely has a hint of green (if any)?  But, of course, it would be just this sort of day!

Perhaps the sky seems just that much bluer after months of white, frigid landscapes or brown and battered scenery during those times when the snow has yet to cover those surfaces?  Does it really matter?  I'm not sure that it does.  But, what does matter is that we do notice the beauty of a day like this, regardless of the time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your input! We appreciate hearing what you have to say.