Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Paper Chase

Ok. That was the title of a pretty cool TV show from some time back. I stole it for my blog post. Sorry.

Many people ask what R does when the growing season winds down.

One thing that happens - I spend more time in the office. And what do I find there?

All of the things that I wanted to do, needed to do and have to do that have not been done during the whole summer. Everyone who has jobs that cycle from hyper-busy down to just busy-enough can appreciate what I am saying here. During the growing season, we hopefully are able to get the bare minimum done in the office. For example, I am proud to say that I managed to keep the checkbook balanced this season. A major accomplishment, but a necessary one.

On the other hand, I have all kinds of notes with recorded pickings, bird weights, sales to bill, grants to write, inquiries to answer, tax papers to complete and file...well, you get the idea. Every time I think I'm getting somewhere, I realize that I really haven't made a whole lot of progress.

And, in the meantime, the weather went and got nice again - so I need to go out and do work outside. Heck, I WANT to go outside. Must be a cat at heart. If you are owned by a cat or know one, you understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your input! We appreciate hearing what you have to say.