A reminder of where we had things on January 7 (click on photo for larger version).
We did get a bit more done in January that we have neglected to show here.
Enter March and the madness continues! The South wall of the kitchin/dining room in its 'before' state is below.
Out with the A/C, window and door! And... yes... we did take the old Christmas wreath down too. What this picture does NOT show is the brick facade over the foundation that we also took out (ok, a little of it is visible bottom left). We suspected there were some foundation issues being hidden there and we were, sadly, correct. Guess our next project?
But, by the end of the day, we could see out the window without actually feeling all the elements of actually BEING outside. Bree is not yet pleased because there is still too much applecart upset for her tastes. She'll get over it. We hope.
Another before picture above. Note the upper 'porch' and the door on the second floor. Yes, the storm door was falling off and the inner door was sealed shut for Winter. Time to fix that.
Wait! There is a new door and new windows here too! For those who do not know our house, the front door on the main part of the house has only been visible from the outside. The prior owners sealed up that door on the inside and put paneling over that. As of yesterday, we have an operable door to the main part of the house.
Guess we'll need to address some of the interior issues next too.... Ah, old houses!