Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Looking Up


This past weekend, Tammy and I did our best to do "all the things" that we could not do during our work weeks.  There was laundry, dishes, harvesting, poultry work, processing and... well, there was lots going on.

I will also admit that because both of us have had a lot on our "work plates," we've both been keeping our heads down as we each pull on our respective plows.  Sometimes that's the way it needs to be.  But, it also means that when we look up from the work plow, everything else looks like a plow too.  Have farm stuff to do?  Put your head down and pull.  Household things?  Put your head down and get it done.

We needed to pick the apples on the Cortland tree on Sunday.  Put your head down and...

Hey, wait!  I have to look UP to pick apples.

Ooooooh!  Those clouds are really neat!  And the sky is so blue.  And, there's still some nice green in the trees.  And the temperature's really nice.  And, there isn't a lot of smoke from Canada wildfires.  And, there aren't a lot of gnats.  And, it's not too wet.  And, it actually rained a little, so it's not (quite) as dry.

And the apples taste good.

And I got to spend some time harvesting those apples with my best friend.

And, I need to remind myself that I can unhitch myself from any plow I hook myself onto.

Have a good day everyone!  And I hope you give yourself a chance to look up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your input! We appreciate hearing what you have to say.