Monday, June 26, 2023

Ball of Fire

It's June and we've just passed the Summer Solstice, the "longest day" of the year.  The sunsets are as late in the day as they ever are at the Genuine Faux Farm.  The hens don't want to go into their room and the humans just want to finish the chores so they can go to their room.

It is not uncommon for us to have some really nice sunsets at the end of these long days.  What is uncommon is a June day where I have enough energy remaining so I think to have the camera with me as I head north towards the larger high tunnel (Valhalla).

Each evening, I walk out to roll down the sides of the hoop building, make sure the irrigation wasn't accidentally left on, and close the entry door properly.  I usually walk into the building and perform a cursory inspection to make sure all is well.

Then, I trudge back towards the Poultry Pavilion to deal with the hens, or some other task.

I do typically notice the sunset each evening, when it is visible.  Sometimes I regret that I don't have the camera with me.  Every so often, I try to capture an image with the phone, which usually results in my regretting even more that I didn't just go get the camera.

But after a long day, I might only have enough energy to give the setting sun a polite nod as I go about my business.  

Yes, you are wonderful and I see you there.  I promise I'll pay more attention next time.

Well, next time came and I had the camera.  I even played around a bit with the settings to get the colors of the sky to stand our more.  My eyes did not see things quite this way, with the foreground dark and shadowed and a ball of fire in a colorful sky.  If my eyes could dim the trees, grasses and bushes in the foreground, I suspect I would have seen the color of the sky as you see it here.

Either way, I enjoyed the view when it happened and I get to enjoy in a slightly different way as I look at the images I captured.  I hope you can enjoy them as well.

Have a good day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your input! We appreciate hearing what you have to say.