Sunday, July 19, 2009

What's on the "Player" today

Someone noticed that I work in the field with headphones on sometimes. I find that I actually often have the headphones wrapped around my neck because I've forgotten to re-insert them into my ears after taking them out for a question, to check out odd noises in the poultry yards or because I was doing something that would catch the cord.

But, just like people who wear headphones while they are working out - I wear them while I am out working...

It's a silly meme that has bounced around multiple iterations of electronic personal media - but it's still fun. Put the player on shuffle and what comes out for you?

Final by Children 18:3
Dixie Storms by Lone Justice
Awake, Alone by John Austin & the Embarrassing Young
Forum by Undercover
Locust Years by Vigilantes of Love
Circle of Quiet by Over the Rhine
Songwork by Adam Again
Clouds by the Choir
Carrowkeel by Allison Brown Quartet
More Than Fine by Switchfoot
Helden by Apocalyptica

And now you know some of what I listen to... is it important? nope. But, possibly amusing.

What are your first five? Post a reply and let's see who listens to music AND is paying attention to the blog.

6 comments:

  1. When I hit the shuffle button on my iPod, these are the first 5 songs that played. (I don't know if 5 is a good representation, as I have almost 1500 songs on there, LOL)
    Styx--Come Sail Away
    Acoustic Hymns--Great is Thy Faithfulness
    Matchbox Twenty--Bright Lights
    Gordon Lightfoot--Minstrel of the Dawn
    Point of Grace--The Great Divide
    If I take it up to 10, the next are
    Rascal Flatts--Fast Cars and Freedom
    Cal Smith--Country Bumpkin (OLDIE)
    Casting Crowns--What if His People Prayed
    Tracy Byrd--The Keeper of the Stars
    Newsboys--Shine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blog! Check it daily- so thanks for writing and letting us know what is hapenning on the farm. Rob, I had to look up Apocalyptica: and now I MUST hear a Finnish group which covers Metallica on four cellos. Here's my iPod Shuffle:
    1) Georgia on My MInd: Ray Charles
    2) Dear John: Aimee Mann
    3) Pretty Mary K: Elliott Smith
    4) I saw a Cop: Jill Sobule
    5) Better World A-Comin':Woody
    Guthrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruby Tuesday - Stones
    Touch of Grey - Grateful Dead
    Half a World Away - R.E.M.
    Personality Crisis - NY Dolls
    Hungry Eyes - Eric Carmen


    Showin' his age

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the blog and great updates.
    Here are my 5 on shuffle that get me moving while running. All but the Britney Spears (obviously) are covered by my husbands band Lotus, yeah!

    You're the Only One - Lotus
    Epic - Faith No More
    Paralyzer - Finger Eleven
    Cult Of Personality - Living Colour
    Dr. Feelgood - Motley Crue
    Head Like A Hole - Nine Inch Nails
    Some Britney Spears...I know, I know, but you gotta give it to her that the songs make you wanna exercise (or run screaming depending on your perspective!)

    Thanks for the great updates on the blog and keeping your customers up to date!!!!
    ~andrea :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. there's some fun music on these lists. And, like me - it is hard to stop at practically any number. Five, or ten - or even 20 often fails to give a decent representation of what we listen to.

    Five (ok...six) more for me are
    Mark Heard, Liars & Saints, Hoi Polloi, 77's & Veil

    So much good music to listen to...so little time to listen to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ya, I can count...

    # Six was Yo Yo Ma & Silk Road Journeys

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your input! We appreciate hearing what you have to say.