Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Can I Pick One A Month?

 Every so often, I review what I have written and see what has stood the test of time.  When I do that, I find that I sometimes want to "re-share" posts because I actually enjoyed them AGAIN and I figure you might also enjoy seeing them (sometimes for the first time).  I hope you don't think I am too enamored with my own writing and thoughts because I also find myself cringing when I see typos, bad word choices, and things that just don't quite read the way I meant them to.

I do this review partly to continue my own education as to what works and what doesn't so future writing continues to improve.  I also do this to remind me of some important thoughts that are worth revisiting.  And, I sometimes do this because the writing idea well has run dry and I need to prime the pump!

Today's challenge?  To select one (and only one) post for each month of 2021 that I think is worth a read (or a re-read).  Let's see how I do!

As I took a quick look at January, I was already aware that I might have given myself a tougher task than I thought.  I made it easier by removing Postal History Sunday from consideration, but I was still stuck with three choices.  In the end, I selected the Resolution post because... well... it was January.  And, it is always interesting to review a New Year's resolution in August.

I felt that an early humor post from February would encourage further reading - so I went with the Genuine Faux Farm Vocab post.  

There were several good posts in March, but I still feel like Thought You'd Always Be There had the best balance of good writing, solid thinking and thought-provoking points to consider.  

April was nearly impossible for me to pick.  Well, actually, there was really only ONE choice that could be made, but there were so many good posts in April (prior to my surgery) that I almost felt like I should have done a "Best of April" and left it at that.  The selection is Fighting to Wake Up.

May was difficult for the opposite reason.  My writing ability took a serious hit after surgery.  So, I'll just go with Life in Fifteens as a reminder to me (and you) how far I've come since surgery.

Things start to improve in June and I actually like a few of them.  But, my favorite at this time is the one titled Which Side?  It features the photo of "Carrot Man," so it can't be all bad, that's for certain!

My selection for July may not be the best writing for the month, but it is one I feel is important to share.  This one is titled Anniversary and is one of those times where I try to share how it feels to worry about chemical misapplication constantly on our farm.  It's a worthwhile attempt to try to get others to get a taste of what it means to walk in our shoes.

Then, there is August.  Still more writing to come (I hope), but I still like a nice, gentle story every once in a while.  So, my pick at the moment is The Depths of the Tomato Forest.  

And there you are - writer recommendations.  Pick one to read, read them all, or just take a walk outside for a while.  Once you choose, there is no reason to regret - just let yourself enjoy the fruits of your choice.  

Have a good day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your input! We appreciate hearing what you have to say.