Monday, September 12, 2022

Weekend Warrior...er...Farmer


As the daylight hours become less and less each day, the amount of time I can spend outside to do farm work almost disappears.  With a full-time job with Pesticide Action Network, I find myself working for them during the best hours of the day for things like... oh.... harvesting squash.

The net result, of course, is that the weekends are are now made for things like... you guessed it... harvesting squash.

So, guess what Tammy and I did on Sunday?

What? How did you know?

Can guess how many pounds of squash are in these tubs?

I mean, no - really?  How did you guess?  Did someone tell you?

I did?!?  When?!?

You mean you didn't fall for the double misdirection ploy where I actually tell you what I did by implying that I needed to do it on the weekend and then hoping you would think it couldn't be that obvious and you would guess something else? 

Oh, you noticed the pictures....  Never mind.  I guess I'm not as clever as I thought.

Or maybe I am tired from harvesting squash.
 

Ok.  Since you all outwitted me and guessed that we harvested squash on Sunday, maybe you can show me how clever you really are by guessing how many pounds of squash are in that SECOND picture -  the one with all of the green tubs stacked up in our Truck Barn?

There are 18 containers.  Seventeen are full of Thelma Sanders Acorn Squash (like those shown above) and the 18th is full of Burgess Buttercup.

None of the pumpkins or watermelon are in those containers.  But, I can tell you that the largest pie pumpkin weighed in at 31.8 pounds.  

Feel free to put your guesses in comments here or as replies to our social media posts.  Or you can send us an email using the from at the right of our blog.

Have a good day all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your input! We appreciate hearing what you have to say.