Saturday, September 10, 2022

Don't Miss the Good Stuff

 

Most days I catch myself saying something along the lines of "Boy, I hope I can remember that - because that was pretty neat!"  A variation of that might apply to some of the digital pictures we take, like the photo of the Green Bee shown above.  It's actually a cropped portion of a photo, but it came out so sharp that I told myself I needed to make sure I shared it once or twice.

Or, it might be a witty saying or joke....  Something like "Why do seagulls fly over the sea? Well, if they flew over the bay, they'd be bagels."   Ok.  Maybe that was a bad example.

The same thing holds true for some of the blogs that I write.  NO... not the bad example part.  Gee whiz, try to add a little levity and then everyone gets side-tracked!

Don't get me wrong.  I don't intentionally publish subpar blogs posts in an effort to foist garbage onto all of you fine people.  But, I think it would be fair to say that not all blog posts are created equal.

There are some that are good enough for what they are.  There are others that seem to get more attention than I thought they deserved....  and then there are these posts.  These are the posts that I actually felt more pleased by their quality and perhaps a bit disappointed that people didn't appear to see them.

For those who do not know, Blogger provides me with basic metrics that show how many people visit each blog post.  While I do not entirely trust these numbers to tell me the whole truth, I can see by comparison which blogs got more visits and which received less attention.  Since it is Saturday, I thought I could just provide a list of some of the blogs I thought were pretty good but seemed to get less attention than they deserved.  If one or two of them looks interesting to you, give it a visit.  If none of them do?  Well, don't visit them then.  

Isn't it nice when things are straightforward like that?

1. Henlet - A Sililoquy

Pictures of chickens.  A little humor.  Some things most people would find to be new information - so there is an opportunity to learn something.  And... some not quite Shakespeare.  Maybe it just takes a special kind of person to appreciate this sort of thing?  Maybe "special" should be in quotes here?

2. Quarantine!

Postal History Sundays usually do better than many of the other posts on this blog - and I thought this was one of the better Postal History Sunday posts with lots of interest beyond the postal history part.  It's much more accessible to those who are not into postal history than some of the others.  It could have been a phase of the moon thing that led to fewer visits, I suppose.

3. Entitled to What?

Sometimes I manage to put together a blog that has a little history, a little philosophy, a little story telling and good batch of perspective.  They don't always grab other people's attention - and I'm not always all that good at pushing things to the front of the line for that attention.  So, I'll give a gentle push towards this one.

4. Learning Your Place

A few nice pictures and some thoughts on how we need to practice getting ourselves out into the natural world.   Anyway, I thought it was nice, worthwhile, short read.

5. Wasps Get a Bad Rap

Those who read it said they learned new things and enjoyed the read.  It's just that not very many people read this one apparently.  So, I'll give it another plug and it might get one or two more reads.  It was good enough that a less personal sounding version landed on the PAN and Honeybee Haven websites!

6. Rooting on the Monarch Butterfly

I put this one out there because I am still hopeful we can find a way to help the Monarch return to prominence, as we appear to have done for the Bald Eagle.

7. Wealth Investment

I put this one on the list because I am still both highly amused and somewhat offended by the letter I got (along with everyone else in the world) from an investment company congratulating me on my wealth and success and then telling me it wasn't enough and they could help me get more.

8. A Touch of QWERTY

Why?  Because it is different - and I had fun writing it.

9. Combat Zone

It is still important to me to get the word out about pesticides and how they have become a problem in this world.

10. Time Tension

This one is here because it features our departed feline friend, Hobnob.

11. Conflicting Signals

And this one?  Well, it's a list on this blog.  It has to go to eleven!

I hope you have a fine remainder of the day.  Be well everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your input! We appreciate hearing what you have to say.