Saturday, December 10, 2022

Are We Amused Yet?

Our indoor supervisors, Bree and Hobnob (Hob is no longer with us) often got a bit tired of me trying out jokes and puns on them.  They told me by simply giving me "the look" that I needed to find a new audience.  Guess what?  YOU are the new audience.  Aren't you lucky?  

Well, you'll be really lucky if you get to the end of this post (which is highly recommended if you can stand it).

Mood Assessment

Let's start by assessing everyone's mood. 

I warn you in advance, you just might find yourself visiting every single one of these moods on the scale of cat over the next few minutes.  I can only hope if you get stuck on number 4 or number 8 that you don't know where I live or you don't have the energy to hunt me down after.  If you land on number 3, I want you to know that I've already started running.
 


Unfortunately, I am a farmer, so I really have a hard time trying to figure out where I fall on the scale of cat.  After all, if you believe the graphic shown above, it changes moment by moment.  

In my case, I think I follow a progression from 1 to 9 most days - although I might move #7 to the end.

You might be curious about where I was landing, as far as the cat scale is concerned, when I wrote this particular entry.  Well, I suspect I was wavering on the border between #3 and #6.  Once I was done with it, I am pretty sure I landed back at #1.

So, onto more serious business.  We've been discussing the legal structure of the Genuine Faux Farm.  We are thinking that we should change our farm name simply because I want to be able to put these initials at the end of my name:


Hey, let's be honest here.  We can name me the CIEIO even if we DON'T change the farm name.  It's our farm and we can do what we want.... sort of.

Our next trick is to determine what CIEIO stands for.  Some thoughts include:

Chief Informal Executive Involving Onions
Credible Information Exists In Observation
Crumpled Iguana Ears Ignore Owls

I'd love a few more ideas - so have at it in the comments!

The Sandman used to always let me try out jokes on him.  He usually encouraged me to keep them to myself.   Regardless, the following illustration made me think of the Sandman.  I wonder if he really was a dragon using an illusion spell?  I wouldn't have put it past him.


But, the real motivation for this post is this facebook post that was being shared by a group of farmers I knew several years ago.  Read the caption carefully and consider how easy it is to accidentally (possibly on purpose) a person can flip a couple of letters in a single word to provide us with a different word that has a different meaning.


Once I saw the typo I just could NOT help myself.

I decided I should milk this for all it was worth!  Gather around like cattle and ye shall be HERD!

Dear Diary,

Today I went to the farm to ruminate about ruminants.   I thought they might have a beef with me, but it turns out this was the udder kind of bovine.  I met a cow and gave it the nick-name "Cuddles," but it turns out that this reference turned the cow's stomachs (all of them).  

I tried to cross the field without touching the ground by leaping from the back of one young cow to another.  After that, I took stock of the situation and realized my calves were sore.  Now THEY had a beef with me.  I guess it was time to moooooove on.

I was wondering how farmers select a bull to mate with a cow and figured they must have gone to a meet market of some kind.  One guy tried to tell me that he had a batch of chicks and some young calves that shared a pasture.  After a while one young rooster took a liking to one of the bullocks, riding on its back from place to place.  He said they went everywhere together, including the county fair.  I decided that had to be a cock and bull story.

I realize that many people have not been exposed to the story about the cow that got a foot caught in a trap and had to have its hoof removed.  Removing a hoof is the equivalent of taking off ones toes, it has to be difficult to adapt to.  It was made worse by the fact that the other cows ostracized the hoofless cow.  Apparently, they were lack toes intolerant.  Yes, that's the untoed story.

So, now I HAVE milked this for all it's worth.  Why?
Because you have just experienced "deja moo" - the feeling that you have heard this cow pun before.

Now, go take a nap.  It's pasture bedtime.

1 comment:

Thank you for your input! We appreciate hearing what you have to say.