Thursday, March 31, 2022

Throwback Quarter One

 

I realize that yesterday's blog post seemed to indicate that I would no longer be posting daily.  It IS true.  I'm going to "pull back" to four blog posts per week unless the spirit moves me now and again to do more.  However, just like so many people in this world, I could not quite get myself to fail to complete the month of March with a perfect record.  So, here it is - the 31st blog post in March of 2022!

The other reason for this post was to do what I periodically do.  I'm going to look back at the posts I've offered during the first few months of the year and I will select a few that I will recommend to you.  I have heard from some people in the past that they fall behind in reading and they actually like it when I point them to some of the posts I felt were "better reads" - or whatever criteria we decide to use.

So, here they are - my recommended reads for January - March of 2022 for any of you who want to "catch up" or for those of you who are curious what I think about some of the writing that shows up here.

Looking for lighter side?

I've got you covered in that area!  

My favorite one to write was the Daylight Savings Solutions post from mid-March.  I am curious - can you all tell when I am really enjoying my writing and when I am... not enjoying it as much?  

Another that actually made me chuckle as I wrote is the blog about socks and marriage called Unmatched.  I think I may like this one so much because it shows us that Tammy and I still find ways to enjoy each other's company and have some fun once in a while.

Then, there are the Keys to Motivation.  If you are wondering how you can possibly "get it all done," this is the blog post you absolutely MUST read!   

And, finally, a story that still is worth retelling - Stuck On You - a GFF Faux Real Story.  I actually have several more GFF Faux Real Stories I'd like to write, but they take a little energy to put them together.  Here's hoping backing off on the daily posting gives me that space!

Prefer a farmer perspective?

I recognize that this blog can cover a fairly broad spectrum of material.  So, if you like something in particular, you may get annoyed when you find something else.  Well, here are some of the better farm-oriented posts from the last three months, in my opinion.

A couple of posts were actually good enough that I turned them into PAN blog posts as well!  What that tells you is that you are getting a good look at some of my core values when it comes to how I think farming needs to be.  It also tells you that I think I've got some decent writing going on.  My favorite is still Farms Need Wild Spaces.  

If you prefer more specifics to what life is like on our own farm, but still with a bent towards talking about how people farm in general, Every Morning is the Dawn of a New Error will fit the bill. 

Apparently habitat on farms has been on my mind since another good post is titled Critter Criterion.

The crazy, wannabe philosopher stuff

Yeah.  That kind of stuff happens here too.  Sometimes much to the chagrin of the readers.  But, if that kind of thing is your cup of tea, here are the times I felt I did a reasonable job on this front.

Kind? Nice? Kinda Nice?

Entitled to What?

Ignorance is Not Bliss

Too Much Bread

Things about local foods more interesting to you?

Wow, we can find some of that here too!

My favorite is a combination of a GFF Faux Real Story, a local foods thing and a bit of a philosophy thing.  It is titled Almost Without Exception and takes GFF back to our farmers' market days.

Another is a bit more specific to the topic - Why Do Local Foods Seem Invisible?   I've written around this theme before, which either means I don't think things have changed enough OR I'm a broken record.  You get to choose.

Current events with a farmer twist

Every once in a while the world intrudes into the Genuine Faux Farm blog.  And that's not necessarily a bad thing, because we all live in this world and have our roles to play in ways both big and small.

Wake Up Call got lots of feedback, mostly positive.  Which tells me it was a worthwhile exploration. And, similarly, Sunflowers for Ukraine received some feedback as well.   

As always, when I write things like this, I try to make it clear that I am NOT the expert.  But, it doesn't hurt to explore how I feel and discover what I appear to know.  Maybe in the process we can all do a bit better?

Because Tammy's My Best Friend

Walk Another Year Together needs to be featured.

Postal History Sunday favorites

Because every seventh day is a Postal History Sunday blog, I figure it would not do if I completely ignored them.  

My favorite just might be Led Astray, because it represents one of those topics that was not planned ahead.  Instead, it evolved as I was writing a different Postal History Sunday.  Hopefully, my enjoyment as I discovered new things in the process is apparent in the blog post itself.

On the other end of the spectrum, I like how With This Ring turned out.  This is a "final product" after a couple of other drafts on the topic that go back several years.  

And there you are.  Eighteen blog posts out of ninety published so far in 2022.  I think I should be applauded for actually figuring out how to limit my choices to this subset!  Ok - instead of applause, we should just acknowledge that this could have been worse, I could have simply told you to read all ninety.  But, that wouldn't be helpful now, would it?

Have a great day!

I wonder what next month will bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your input! We appreciate hearing what you have to say.