In prior posts, you might note that we have alot to put in this time of year - and that the weather can quickly put work on hold.
Despite Iris Fest on Saturday and a baseball game for R (yes, he plays on a baseball team) in Newton on Sunday, we still accomplished a great deal on the farm. It's a good thing when you can work in non-farm related activities, enjoy them AND still get good work done on the farm.
Quick farm report:
- All melons and watermelons are now in the ground.
- 75% of the winter squash are now in.
- The 3rd green bean planting is in.
- The sunflower/corn experiment is now in the ground and waiting to germinate
- All fields have had at least a rough till to start the season
- Another planting of radish, lettuce, spinach and beets were put in on Saturday