Monday, June 29, 2020

Heat Index Wear and Tear

We are thankful that we have not had to deal with many days with heat indices in the upper 90s and 100s at the farm so far this season.  It is not so much that we cannot stand working in the warmer temperatures.  It's the fact that, when you do, it makes it difficult to do other things - like write a blog post.  Pushing a wheel hoe for an hour or two in the heat doesn't always leave you with much energy for a mental exercise.


The other issue is some fall-out from our house siding project.  The ancient A/C unit was taken out, with the intent that we would work to replace it with a more efficient cooling unit.  Well, we haven't been able to get the replacement as of this moment.  So, while we don't really want to cool our house much, it is helpful to take some of the edge off at night so we can sleep better.

I knew when I started that the streak of daily posts was going to come to an end at some point and I was pretty certain it would be at the point that these sorts of days started popping up.  Perhaps I will surprise myself and adapt so that I still have the energy to do my jobs and write daily blogs.  Perhaps not.  But, it is more likely that we'll try to move to a realistic (and still ambitious) three post a week schedule.



This blitz has been a good thing for me as it has encouraged me to hone writing skills that I now employ for PAN and it also has served as a proving ground for some ideas and concepts I can use with that new job.  I also think there are some people who have appreciated seeing these posts as well. 

The silly thing about all of this is - here's a post for today.  The streak is actually unbroken (even if it is later in the day).  Maybe we're not done yet?  Let's see how this all shakes out now, shall we?

1 comment:

  1. Way to go- even if posts are short and sweet, we still appreciate hearing what is going on in your brain and at the farm.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your input! We appreciate hearing what you have to say.