We are beginning to get more inquiries regarding our CSA program and we though it would be a good idea to get a post out there that clarifies how you can get products form the Genuine Faux Farm in 2020.
Genuine Faux Farm is Dead! Long Live Genuine Faux Farm!
First - in case you had not heard - we are no longer running the CSA model we have provided since 2005. Instead, we have changed over to a pre-paid farm credit program. This program provides you AND the farm more flexibility. Credits can be applied to any product we produce, including veggies, fruits, eggs, poultry, starter plants, flowers and whatever else we might happen to have available.
How Do You Purchase Credits?
- Credits purchased in $50 increments
- Maximum credit balance carried at any time is $200
- You can add more credits at any time ($50 at a time, cap at $200 at any given time).
- You can join us at any point during the season.
- Credits will expire 13 months after purchase (but we will help you get your value before that happens.
- Send payment by mail or via Paypal (contact us for details).
How Do You Use Credits?
- Delivery each week.
- Alternating locations between Waverly and Cedar Falls.
- Weekly email will list available product and provide instructions for delivery day.
- Place an order by responding to the email to reserve the items you want.
- A 'gentle reminder' email on the day of delivery will confirm orders received.
- Individual questions will be responded to at that time as well in separate correspondence.
- Come to the delivery point and pick up your products.
- We will maintain a ledger with your balance and mark off credits used once items have been delivered.
How Do I Pick Up My Produce?
With the ongoing pandemic, we have had to take additional steps to insure the safety of those for whom we provide food. Please go to this blog post and you will see the steps we are taking. We will continue to remind everyone about procedures in our weekly email and we will continue to make adjustments as we deem necessary for safety reasons.
Our primary pick up location in Cedar Falls is the West parking lot for Jorgensen Plaza. Our secondary delivery point will be Hansen's Outlet. Our primary pick up location in Waverly is St Andrew's Church and our secondary site will be at the Yogi Life Yoga and Cycling Studio. Secondary delivery points will depend on demand and other factors.
Our current plan is to alternate weeks between Waverly and Cedar Falls. You may come to any delivery point. In other words, a Cedar Falls customer, if they are going to be in Waverly on delivery day, can certainly order and pick up product in Waverly. The reverse is also true.
Why Should You Join?
- Like the CSA program, this gives you the advantage of not having to pull out money at each delivery.
- We will give participants better pricing and opportunities than those who might prefer to 'pay as they go.'
- This program provides flexibility to allow you to participate when you are able to do so, regardless of travel schedule.
- Were you tired of receiving produce you really didn't want? This program allows you to select what you want.
- Did you want more of one thing and less of another? Farm credits allow you to order what you want from the things that we have available at any given week.
- Were there times you wanted to pick up in Cedar Falls rather than Waverly or vice versa? Well, you can do that with the new program too.
- Are there times of the year when you are more interested in buying farm products and others when you are not? Once again, you order as you go, using the credits to acquire what you want, when you want it.
- Did you like the old CSA program? Well, good news, we can offer packages at each delivery for a certain number of farm credits. If that is what you liked, then it will be similar - we'll just be counting credits.
- Just want eggs or chickens? Starter plants? Flowers? Well, guess what? They're part of the program too!
- Would you like lower prices? Members will receive items at last year's prices (which are remarkably similar to the past eight years). Those who are not members can still purchase, but we will not guarantee the same price.
And The Most Important Reason to Join?