Friday, July 17, 2020

Survivor

The gingko tree survived yet another Winter and yet another late freeze that took all of its first flush of leaves from its stems this Spring.

The gingko tree has survived winds that have pushed it a little off of center.

The gingko tree was damaged but was not broken by a buck that was rutting.

The gingko tree survives, but it rarely seems to put on much growth.  I has not thrived.

And that makes me sad.

I wonder if I would be sadder if this tree would not have survived.

If the tree could speak, what would it tell me?  Would it have some ideas of things I could do to help it grow and be healthier?  Or would it tell me it is just fine with survival?


I don't know the answers.  But, I sure can create a fine list of questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your input! We appreciate hearing what you have to say.